Wednesday 24 December 2014

Blogmas day 24 : What's in my make-up bag (Winter Edition)

As if it is Christmas eve already.  My blog is already 24 days old and I have written a lot.  I know I promised a post everyday but as life is strange, I had to postpone some blog posts but I did get 24 posts up.  As promised, Today's will be a What's in my make-up bag blogpost.

I am away from uni but as my collection is very small, I have brought the majority of my make-up collection.  I will start from base and finish with the lips.
This post will be picture heavy.

Primer


My primer is quite a new product and I haven't had chance to try it out.  I have got Dr Jart's Recover Primer.  I received this in November's Birchbox and I am looking forward to trying this out.

Foundation

In September, I went make-up shopping and purchased a new foundation.  My foundation is M.A.C's Studio Sculpt.  I am NC25 and as much as I like this foundation, there are a few out there that I want to try and 2015 will be the year to do that.  This foundation is quite matte on my skin and sometimes clings to my dry patches (I have combination
skin and am trying to find a skincare routine to combat this)

Concealer

I don't use much concealer as I am quite lucky to not suffer with dark circles.  My concealer at the moment is Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer and I use fair.  I always purchase this and again I want to try other in 2015.

Eyeshadow

I currently only have one palette and am loving it.  I have Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette and it has a nice range of shade which are very complimentary to my skin tone.  My favourite eyeshadow is Tease and Bootycall.  I love those two shades together and that is my usual everyday eye look.

Eyeliner

I have two eyeliners that I use...one felt tip liner and one pencil.  I use Rimmel's Scandeleyes pencil liner on my waterline and I use Collection's Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner on my top lip to create a wing.

Mascara


I chop and change my mascara so often that the next time I do something  like this, it might have changed.  At the moment I am using Rimmel's Scandeleyes Flex in black.  I also have Maybelline's The Rocket and sometimes I use both at the same time.

Cheeks

I usually don't put anything on my cheeks as I feel that I always get it wrong but in 2015 I am
going try and use more cheek products.  The products I have at the moment are MUA's cream blush and as you can see in the picture, it is well used as the packaging is wearing off.  My other cheek product is a Lord and Berry bronzer in Sienna.  I haven't used the bronzer yet so I don't know
how it will look on my skin.

Lips

I have a few lip products in my make-up bag at the moment.  I have three lip products and 2 lip balms.  My three lip products are Rimmel's Apocolips in Big Bang, Revlon's Colourburst Matte Balm in Standout and Illamasqua Glamore Nude lipstick in Rosepout.  Rosepout has to be my favourite as it
 




suits my skintone so much.  My next favourite has to be the Matte Balm.  I have two lip balms one is Maybelline's Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and the other is a Pixi lip balm that I received in November's Birchbox.



Tools & Accessories

I have a pair of eyelash curlers, a Real Techniques Stippling brush, an eco tools angled liner brush, a Burts Bee's Cuticle Cream, a Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask, six capsules of drinkwel (another product from November's Birchbox) and a small compact mirror.

My make-up bag is an old, grungy thing and I am kind of embarrassed to show it.  I am going to extend my collection further in 2015 so keep a look out for hauls and reviews throughout the year.

What is currently in your make-up bag and what are you looking forward to in 2015?

Bye for now.

Jess. X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig