Thursday 11 December 2014

Blogmas day 11 : My University experience so far

How time flies when you are enjoying a new experience.  It doesn't seem like five minutes since I first walked into my room at my University accommodation and now it is almost the end of semester one and almost Christmas...and do you know what???  I have enjoyed every single minute of it.  Yes there has been highs and lows but what experience doesn't (I would like to know)  

There has been a lot of highs in the 13 weeks I have been here.  Moving is one of them.  Growing up I moved around a lot so I was used to moving and while I was used to moving, I still hated the packing and the unpacking.  It took me a whole week to unpack everything and when I say everything, I do mean everything.  I moved out of my flat back in my home town and apart from the furniture, all my belongings came with me and even as I was unpacking, I still threw things away.  

Meeting new people can be both a high and a low depending on how you are as a person.  I guess I would say I don't make friends easily but for some reason, I made a few friends within the first week and whether we stay friends after Uni, will have to wait and see.

I found my lectures to be a bit of a challenge but that was mainly because of ignorant people chatting away in the back and disrupting others.  I soon fixed that problem by sitting toward the front as often as I could and that soon rectified the problem.  The lectures themselves where good and I have gained a lot of knowledge from them which I am hoping to show in my first set of assignments (due Jan)  

I have had a few lows within this semester and as one of them was a family loss, which I had to miss a day of which couldn't be helped, the rest I have managed to remedy the situation and looking back I can now see what they problem was.  I may be 25 but I have moved on my own away from family, friends and my other half to another city where it is strange and not knowing where things are, is very daunting and I found myself to being homesick.  As the semester has gone, the homesickness has gone away.  

I had a few weeks where my sleeping pattern changed and I wasn't going to sleep until half four in the morning (GMT) and having 10am lectures was not good and I started to skip some of the lectures.  I soon got that back with some over the counter sleeping tablets and some herbal tea (and I am not a tea drinker usually) 

Overall my experience of University has been good.  I haven't wasted my time going out and drinking like a lot of the people here have been doing but in my own way my experience has been positive.  I am now a sixth of the way through my course and hopefully the next two and a half years will be the same if better and I should hopefully get my degree and go on to doing  better things in my life.

I have not regretted coming at the age on 25  as I didn't feel ready at 18 and I still don't think teens at that age are ready either but that is my choice and I don't regret anything.  So here's to the next half of year one and for years two and three.

How was your University experience if you have one?  If not or are in the middle of the application process what stopped you from going and what are you looking forward to in your journey?

Bye for now.

Jess. X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig