Thursday 4 December 2014

Blogmas day 4 : Countdown to going home for Christmas.

It is official, the countdown has started.  No the countdown isn't until Christmas is upon us, the countdown is for when I go home.  I have one week and one day until I go home and I am getting more and more excited by the hour.

I have never been more excited to go home before.  I guess that's what University does to you.  As much as I am enjoying the Uni life, I am missing home as well.  I miss my family ( I talk to my mum and brother all the time), I miss my other half ( I talk to him all the time too)  I miss my friends, I miss walking on flat land (My uni is on a hill and my home town is flat and most days as I am walking up the hill to lectures, I wonder why I chose a Uni on a hill) and most of all I miss home cooked meals.  Cooking on a budget is OK but most of what I eat is either chips, pasta or rice...all of which is OK but gone are the days when I can be bothered to cook veg and mash everyday (and secretly praise my flat mates for always cooking full meals...how they can be bothered I will never know...just whacking something in the oven and waiting does me!)

Only downside to going home is the fact I won't be relaxing much as I have so many assignments due in the new year and getting them done is a priority.  I am already dreading carrying a case, laptop bag, a bag of presents, wrapping paper and cards and countless amount of books from my accommodation to Bradford station and then through Leeds station to catch my train back home.  I am secretly hoping my other half can pick me up because I really don't want to be dragging all that on a bus to his!

I still need to create some sort of a timetable on which I am going to attack the assignments so that I am not stressing as much as I did in college last year.  I'm sure I will do it and maybe it might make it as a Blogmas post...we shall have to see.

Bye for now.

Jess x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig