Saturday 6 December 2014

Blogmas day 6 : Things I'm looking forward to at Christmas

As I sit here, curled under my duvet trying to warm up whilst outside is like the Arctic, I wondered what to write for today's Blogmas and then a thought came to me...it's almost Christmas and like a child I started getting excited for the first time.  Being a University student I haven't had time to think much past next Saturday when I go home for three glorious weeks (apart from having to be constantly in front of my laptop trying to get essays and presentations done for January! Ugh!)

Here are some things that make me excited for Christmas.


  1. Seeing my other half.  Oh how I have missed him.  Talking on the phone is not as good as seeing him in real life.  Its been far too long!
  2. Seeing my family.  I have seen them since starting at University but again it is still not the same.
  3. Seeing the other half's family.
  4. Christmas dinner.  Nothing beats the good old Christmas dinner where you can eat as much as you want and  not be judged on how much you eat.  
  5. Seeing home town friends after 3 months of only chatting on Facebook.
  6. Christmas Shopping.  Or in my case, Christmas window shopping.
  7. Drinking as much as you want and again not being judged on how much you drink.
  8. Can't forget seeing loved ones faces when they open the carefully wrapped presents.
  9. Seeing your loved ones faces when you open the presents they gave you.
  10. Snow...or the lack of in Britain.  I hate being cold but I love the snow and unfortunately we don't get enough of that!
  11. Putting up the Christmas tree and decorations and seeing the excitement of knowing it is going to be up for at least a month (or at least in my family it does!)
  12. Knowing that after Christmas comes New Year and all they stuff you want to do or to change happens soon,
  13. Also knowing that when New Year comes, the Lakeside Darts Championship is on the TV and wishing you and your other half could be there watching it live (That might happen this year!)
  14. The different parties that you are invited to.
  15. Knowing that even though you have essays to do, you can still have a break and relax.
  16. Layering up as it is so cold outside. 
  17. Christmas songs.  Yes I know they are played over and over again but you don't care...after all it is Christmas!
  18. Getting new PJ's at Christmas and feeling all warm and cosy sat on the sofa with the other half eating copious amounts of chocolate and watching TV.
That is some of the things I am looking forward to at Christmas.

Bye for now. 

Jess. x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig