Monday 7 December 2015

Blogmas - Day Seven: December Birchbox

Hi guys.

Today's post is a bitter sweet one as it is my last Birchbox of this year.  I ordered a Birchbox back in November 2014 to try it out plus I had a code to get the box for about £7 so I jumped at the chance to use it and try out out because I had seen and heard a lot about it and I was intrigued to see what it was like.  I loved it so this January, I got a years subscription and I haven't regretted that decision.  I have tried and been introduced to a lot of new brands as well as brands I had tried before.  

This months Birchbox came in a small clutch bag which has glitter and green suede.  A very pretty bag and I may find some use for it as a makeup bag for travelling.  So inside the bag was some very exciting products.


The first item I got was The Ultimate Party Kit by Benefit - Puff Off! and They're Real Push-up Liner.  
Birchbox says: You'll find everything you need to perfect your peepers for party season inside this GORGEOUS kit!  Heading out? A slick of this jet-black liner will complete any makeup look in style.  The morning after?  Soothe tired eyes with the de-puffing formula.  I have always wanted to try this liner from benefit and getting a small sample of this made my day.  I am also wanting to find a good eye cream so if this is any good I may purchase the full size!
Full price: £41 for both products.

The next product I received is Model Co's Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick in Smitten.  
Birchbox says: There's nothing worse than perfecting your party lip only to check all night for smudges.  Luckily, this hydrating, semi-matte formula provides nourishment and long-lasting colour - so you don't have to worry!  I am always on the hunt for a red lip that suits my skin tone and when I swatched this, it seemed to agree with my colouring.  I am looking forward to trying this colour out when I go out later this week.  
Full price: £15.50 for a set of 3

Next is Ciate London Paint Pot in Power Dressing.
Birchbox says: These iconic polishes are beloved for a reason - they're super-pigmented, ultra long-lasting and a cinch to apply!  For a pretty. party- ready mani, they can't be rivalled (and we'll have how-to's over at blog.birchbox.co.uk if you're in need of a little inspiration!)  This super cute little mini polish is a beautiful royal blue colour that I don't have in my collection of nail polishes so I am happy to receive this little cutie.
Full price: £9

Another product I received is the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum.
Birchbox says: Uh-oh - it's officially party season and you've woken up to an enormous breakout.  Don't panic!  This soothing serum blends chamomile, aloe vera and lavender to calm and restore skin's balance without drying it out.  I am prone to the odd spot here and there especially since I am at uni and I am under some stress so a spot treatment is always welcome in my collection.
Full price: £16

A body product this time and this is the Skin & Co Sicilian Body Gel.
Birchbox says: Packed with zesty ingredients sourced from Italy (we're talking Sicilian orange and olive extracts) it purifies and moisturises skin while transforming your morning shower into an aromatic haven.  This smells amazing and I cannot wait to start using this in the shower to cleanse my skin.
Full price: £15

The final product I received is Roloxin Lift Instant Skin Smoothing Masque.
Birchbox says: If you've got a big party coming up, or you just want to feel a little more skin confident, then this wrinkle-smoothing mask will be your new BBF.  It diminishes pore, firms the skin and boots radiance - for up to 24 hours after use!  I am not one for using masks but I really want to get into using them more.  I will try this next time I am feeling like a pamper night!
Full price: £79

So that is it for today's post and for my subscription of Birchbox.  I cannot believe it has been a full 12 months and countless products later and I have received my last one.  I have been loving it but now feel that a new subscription is in order.  

What did you receive this month?  Have you got any recommendations for a new box to try next year?

Bye for now.

Jess. X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig