Tuesday 8 December 2015

Blogmas - Day Eight: Red Lips for the Party Season

Hi guys.

Today's post is a bit of a different one.  I am going to show you three red lipsticks you can wear for this time of year.  Before I get into the post, I would like to say that I am not one to wear red lips though I am trying out different brands and formulas to see which suit me best.  I am only showing three as these are the three I have in my collection.  I will try my hardest to give my opinion as I have only worn two of them so far.


From L to R: Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Standout, Model Co Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick in Smitten & Rimmel Apocalips in Big bang.


From Top to Bottom: Smitten, Standout & Big Bang

Model Co's Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick in Smitten.

I have not long had this lipstick...in fact I only received this in my December Birchbox (linked here) yesterday so I haven't had the chance to wear it yet to see if it is long-lasting.  I swatched the colour on my hand and I am excited to see how it looks against my skin tone.  Smitten is a red with a slight berry colour to it.  I feel that it has a slight blue undertone too which I have been told will compliment my skin tone.  The scent of this lipstick is heavenly as it smells like vanilla!

Revlon's Colourburst Matte Balm in Standout.

This by far has to be the red lip I am loving as it is matte and I am into matte lips as well as ling lasting products.  I wore this on a night out once and it stayed on the whole night and didn't stain my lips.  Standout is a red and again, like Smitten, has a slight berry colour to it.  I can also see a hint of blue again in this lip product though it isn't as noticeable from a far.  The scent of the product is mint and I haven't noticed the scent lingering for long although it isn't an offensive mint scent.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Big Bang

This is a liquid lipstick which is a true red colour.  It has a glossy look to it which depending on my mood, I can make work for me.  I have only used this once and didn't feel that it suited me at all.  I will try and work more with it once my confidence with red and bright colours' is here.  I am eager to try more from this range.  The scent of this is quite chemically but it isn't offensive and doesn't linger.

So there are my three red lip products for this years party season.  Like I said before, I am not confident with wearing red or bright lipsticks yet but I would like to try more colours' to see what is out there that will suit me.

What red or bright lips are you loving this season?  Any recommendations for me to try?

Bye for now.

Jess. X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig