Wednesday 21 January 2015

Winter Haircare Routine 2015

When it comes to hair, I like to have soft and shiny locks and for a long time, I only used shampoo and conditioner.  It is only recently that I have ventured into the world of haircare and found a few products which I use often.

My hair is a bit weird and doesn't seem to like using the same shampoo and conditioner all the time so I tend to buy different brands all the time.  My hair used to be really long and I used to go through shampoo and conditioner like it was running out of style but since I have had my hair cut shorter, I can stretch them out a few more washes (plus it doesn't take half as long to dry which is a bonus!)
I thought I would share with you all what I use at the present moment and what I like and what products I have been introduced to.


Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisture &Shine Shampoo and Conditioner- I know some people mix and match their shampoo and conditioners but I am not one of those as I feel my hair doesn't react well to that.  I have used this shampoo and conditioner before (after using another brand that is)  and have used this brand before in the other scents.  This set smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling great.  I found out that I have dry hair, it is not really dry but dry enough for me to notice.  
Macadamia Deep Repair Masque- This hair mask is one that I have been wanting to try for ages ever since I first started watching Casey Holmes on YouTube (link to her YouTube channel can be found here)  She raves about this mask and always has a tube (or two!) in her empties videos.  In the UK (or at least where I live) you cannot find it easily in the shops but I managed to get it off Amazon.  I sometimes use this instead of conditioner (I know I said I don't use different brands but I justified this because I use it as a treatment instead of conditioner)  and it smells divine!  

Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Treatment Mask- This product I got in my November Birchbox and as I got two small pots, I decided to use one.  I love the smell of this and will be doing a review soon.


I know there seems to be a lot of products here but I don't use them all at once and some products I haven't used yet but will be doing soon.

Urban Fudge Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Hair Spray- I saw this mentioned on a blog somewhere (I cannot remember who it was...sorry...if I remember I will link it here)  and she raved about how much this product doesn't smell like typical hair spray and that was what drew me to buying this product.  It doesn't leave your hair feeling sticky and crispy and doesn't take an age to brush out either which I hate with hair sprays!
Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray- I have shoulder length hair with a lot of choppy layers and this spray brings out the layers and gives me a lot of volume.  It does leave your hair crispy but I use it underneath the top layer so it isn't noticeable.
Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Natural Curls Styling Cream- I have yet to use this and I bought it so I could curl my hair as my hair doesn't hold a curl very long.  I can curl my hair on one side and by the time I have finished the other side, the first side has just dropped.  It doesn't matter how much spray I have used, my hair just doesn't keep a curl so this is why I have bought this product in hopes that it will help my curls last.
Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray-  I haven't used this in an age but this was the only heat protection spray I would use.  I may have to start using this again as I never damaged my hair and left my hair feeling soft.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Hair Spray- I haven't used this yet either as soon after purchasing this, I bought the Urban Fudge Hair Spray and used that every since.  I think I will either use this as a back up or for when I am travelling as it is a small size and can fit nicely into a travel bag or make-up bag.
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave-in Condtitioner- Another sample I got from this months Birchbox.  It was in November's box as well but I got the hair mask instead.  I haven't used this yet but I will be doing soon as it smells so good!
It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product- This is another product which YouTuber Ingrid Nilsen (you can find her video's here) raves about.  Again, this product is not very easy to find in the UK and so another purchase on Amazon was needed (although I have heard that you can buy it from TK Maxx but I have never found it there yet)  I have only used this once and am liking it so far but I will review it soon.

Well that is my full hair care routine.  I don't use all the products at once as there are a few products that do the same thing so I switch them out as often as I can.  

What products do you use?  Is there any recommendations for shampoo and conditioner for me to try after my current ones have ran out?

Bye for now.

Jess. X
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I use Dove - it's very simple but very moisturising.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used any Dove products. Might have to try some products from the range. x

    ReplyDelete

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig