Sunday 18 January 2015

Skincare Sunday

Recently, I have been on a skincare kick and have purchased a ton of skincare products...in fact, there are enough products to create a skincare series...thus Skincare Sunday!

Skincare Sunday is a series where each week I will post about my favourite brands, what has worked for me and what hasn't, reviews of products, updated skincare routine etc.  If  anyone fancy's joining in with this series or wants to do a guest post, feel free to let me know.

So...Skincare Sunday you might ask?  How did this come about?  Well, back in September, I bought a new foundation and back then I liked a foundation which was matte but when I started wearing it more often, I noticed that it clung to dry patches on my cheeks, so I decided to invest in a moisturiser and exfoliator and that seemed to help a little bit, but my cheeks seemed to still have dry patches. Fast forward to Christmas holidays and I was back at home and decided to find out what skin type I was.   I went to a Clinque counter and she told me that I have a Combination/Dry skin type and that my T-zone is normal/oily and that my cheeks are dry.  So based on that, I have formulated my skincare to help combat my dry cheeks as well as keep my T-zone happy.

So for the next two Sunday's it will be all about my skincare routine.  This week will be the turn of my morning skincare routine and next Sunday will be my nigh time routine.



Nivea Soothing Cleansing Mousse- I found this at my local Superdrug and I hadn't heard anyone mention or heard about it before but the mousse element of it intrigued me and I didn't want a cleanser that was too much time consuming.

Superdrug's Clearly Youthful Hydrating Day Serum- I have dry cheeks and wanted to put moisture back in my cheeks with a hydrating serum.  Again, I have not heard anyone mention it before so I got it on a whim.

Indeed Labs Hydroluron-  Now this is one product I have heard a lot of and have been wanting to purchase it for a long time but never wanted to because of the price but I bit the bullet and purchased it and have been using it ever since.

Garnier Moisture Match Revitalising Hydrating Gel- You will see a pattern emerge within my skincare because a lot of my products, I have never heard anything about them and this is one of them.  I am looking forward to trying this one out.

Murad Blemish Spot Treatment-  I have heard a lot about this brand but not about this product and have been using it since I purchased it.

Pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry-  I am currently doing a series called #30daystested (which can be found here) and this is the lip balm I have been using to combat my dry lips and to keep them soft.  I will be doing a review of this product on the 31st January so keep your eyes peeled for that.  I have another lip balm that I have been dying to include in my skincare routine but that will have to wait until I have reviewed this lip balm.

I am missing an eye cream but that is because I feel I don't need one at the moment but who knows, there might be one in an updated routine later this year.

So that was my morning routine.  I don't use all the products shown at once but most of them are used at some point during the week.  Next week's Skincare Sunday will be my night time routine and an overview of how I am finding the two routines together.

What skincare products do you use and do they help with what ever skin complaints you have?

Bye for now.

Jess. X
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I also love skincare stuff! I just recently discovered Serums and I am obsessed! My favorite skin care line is the Mario Badescu line. Great post! I want to try that Nivea Cleansing Mousse.

    http://ncolesnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have never tried that brand either. The cleansing mouse is good and without knowing my mum picked the mouse up too! Thanks so much for reading my blog. X

      Delete

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig