Friday 23 January 2015

BONUS POST - Mini Make Revolution & MUA Haul

There are many great drugstore make-up brands out there but there is one that seems to have caused a stir amongst the blogosphere.  It is funny to think it has only been 10 months since the brand first released it's products but the amount of positive feedback has catapulted its way to the top of most bloggers wishlists.  Makeup Revolution is an affordable drugstore brand that gives purchasers high end products at ridiculously low prices.

Reading other blogs, you cannot get away from a post or two of reviews from this brand and not actually seeing them sold in stores put me off a little bit...OK a lot.  I like to see the make-up in person, maybe swatch a few things before deciding whether or not to purchase it, so I wasn't so hyped up about purchasing anything from their line.  It was only as time went on and there were more posts around showing swatches and reviews of products that I thought about maybe buying a few products to test out and you know how it is...once ordered you cannot wait for the order to come.  Well that is how I have been this week and when they came, they came straight out of the packaging and were photographed immediately!

I chose three items from the line plus one little thing from MUA.

Makeup Revolution

Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 2

This palette was the one palette I wanted to get in this order as I have heard it is a dupe for Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and I wanted to see how it compared to its higher end counterpart. (comparison review coming soon) 




Makeup Revolution Aqua Seal Liquid Eye Primer

I have used some eye primers in the past and they were all creamy so when I came across this eye primer, it intrigued me so into my cart came this product.  I am curious to find out how this works and whether it helps with keeping shadows lasting longer. (I am fortunate to not have oily eyelids.)




Makeup Revolution Focus & Fix Eyebrow Shaping Kit

One of my personal resolutions is to keep the upkeep of my brows to a standard and what better way to do this by using a brow kit.  I chose the medium dark kit as I have quite dark hair and I thought the lighter kit would be a waste of money as it wouldn't show enough.



MUA



MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 1

I needed a pressed powder as this now was the only thing I was missing in my daily make-up routine and when I saw this, I put it straight into my cart.  I have tried other products from this brand and have been impressed with the brand so far so I know that I will like this product.

So that is my mini haul.  I have been excited for my order to arrive and have high hopes for Makeup Revolution so I will keep you posted on what I think.  Reviews will be up in due course.  I already know what my next Makeup Revolution products will be and they have been added to my wishlist.

Both Makeup Revolution and MUA can be found on their websites respectively and can also be found at Superdrug.

Hope you enjoyed this little bonus post and there will be a main post up later on today (Friday)

What Makeup Revolution products have you tried?  Would you recommend anything else from this brand?

Bye for now.

Jess. X

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I haven't until there where a few...OK maybe a lot of reviews on the brand and even then it has only been within the last week that I have placed an order and received it and being excited to try the brand out. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig