Monday 16 February 2015

50 Random facts about me

I was watching Ingrid Nilsen the other day and she uploaded a video on her 50 random facts about me and I thought how good that would be as a blogpost so here is my 50 random facts that you may not know about me.


  1. I own more socks than I do underwear.  They are so cheap and you can never have enough pairs of socks.  I can get 7 pairs for £2 at Primark.
  2. I can eat Nutella straight from the jar with a spoon.  I always tell people that if they get me a jar of Nutella, a spoon and a corner I will sit and be quiet!
  3. I am a first year university student and want to become a Neonatal Nurse.
  4. For 22 months I was in a hostel and within those 22 months I feel that I have grown up a lot as it was a very eye opening experience.
  5. I cannot stand watching the movie 'ET'  From a small age, I have always been afraid of the film.  I went to DisneyWorld in Florida when I was 12 and my dad made me go on a ride that was 'ET' related and I had to sit right in front of the basket where it would pop up.  I bawled my eyes out for an hour afterwards.
  6. I binge watch videos on YouTube.  Only the YouTubers I like.
  7. My favourite number is 7 (or any number with the number 7 in it...like 77 or 777)
  8. I don't like custard or cream and my boyfriend calls me a freak because of it!
  9. I read Daphne de Maurier's Rebecca when I was 8 and I love reading books (if only I had the time to read anything other than books relating to my course at the moment!)
  10. I have only ever broke one bone in my body and that was 3 weeks into year 11 (I was 15 at the time) and that happened as I was helping put up the trampoline in P.E.
  11. I love going to the gym.  I started going to my university's gym as I gained a scholarship which gave me a free gym membership.  It gives me a break from work and I can just plug my headphones in and forget the world for a hour.
  12. I only went to two freshers events back in September as I don't like going to nightclubs.
  13. I got a 1st in my first set of assessment results and I am so proud of that.
  14. I am lost without my glasses.  I am that short sighted that I have to have things right up to my nose before I can see things.  
  15. Speaking of glasses I have been wearing them for 21 years.  I was 4 when I started wearing them.
  16. I have met Bear Grylls who is the Chief Scout in the UK and I share the same birthday (7th June for reference)
  17. I love snow.
  18. I hate been cold and always say that I am living in the wrong country.
  19. Instead of holding my knife in my right hand (the normal way) I have my fork in my right hand.
  20. I grew up with two left handed parents.
  21. I lost my dad 3 weeks into my first year of university.
  22. I was the only one in my family who could tame small animals.  
  23. I have had 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bunny, 5 guinea pigs, 6 hamsters, I budgie and countless amounts of fish. (I feel like I am forgetting a few pets.)
  24. It took me 5 years to get into Harry Potter and now I am obsessed and cannot believe the saga is over *starts crying*
  25. I spend more time tweeting on my blog twitter account then I do on my personal account.
  26. I love writing stories.  I completed NaNoWriMo back in 2012 and haven't completed it since.
  27. I am a Scout leader and love everything about scouting but gutted I don't have the time now I am at university.
  28. My boyfriend is my District Commissioner in my scout district so I get to take part in event automatically (unless I am busy at the time)
  29. I am obsessed with stationary.  I only wish that I was living in the US as they seem to have much prettier stationary than the UK.
  30. I bought my first high end foundation at the age of 25 and have a wish list for so much more.
  31. I recently chopped off my hair to shoulder length and my friend almost cried when I did it (It was half way down my back)
  32. I don't like wafers but I can eat Cornettos and KitKats.
  33. I cannot stand feet.  
  34. I hate my feet being touched yet I allow my boyfriend to rub them sometimes.
  35. My favourite colour is pink.  Doesn't matter what shade of pink it is as long as it's pink.
  36. I drink too much Coca Cola or Pepsi.  Not the diet versions but the regular version.
  37. I put mayonnaise on virtually every hot food.
  38. I have been with my boyfriend 2 and a half years at the end of February.
  39. I am 4 foot 11 inches and everyone comments on how small I am...annoys me sometimes but I have learned to accept my shortness.
  40. I am the eldest out of three children and my 21 year old brother will graduate before me.
  41. I have two mothers, one who is my biological mother and one who is so much like a mother, I sometimes call her mum.
  42. I love sleep (who doesn't?)  I could sleep for ever but I go to bed late so don't get as much sleep as I want.
  43. I don't have a passport.  I have never owned one but have been out the country.  (on my parents passport)
  44. I have been to Crete three times, Menorca once, Paris twice, South of France once and Florida once.
  45. I spent my 12th birthday in Florida which was a really good experience.
  46. I get bored easily.
  47. I have started a blog so many times and each one of them have failed after a week apart from this blog.
  48. I can crochet and cross stitch really well and taught myself how to do them both.
  49. I hate spiders.
  50. People say I am kind and considerate and always think of others.
So that my friends is fifty random facts that you may not have known about me.  I don't think I have done much in my life but looking at the list shows me that I have some interesting parts to me.

What randoms facts do you have?  Have you any that are similar to mine?

Bye for now.

Jess. x
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I think you're weird for not liking custard or cream too. Rebecca is such a great book!

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig