Sunday 1 February 2015

#30DaysTested

Oh...hello there February!  How nice of you to come so quickly.  So January has gone and that means only one thing...my update of #30DaysTested.  This was created by Gemma from Beautiful Things.  She came up with a great idea of actually using a product for a month to see how well it actually performs as most of us tend to buy products, use them and go onto other products after a short period of time. Each month, I am testing on product out of the categories (Found here) and just using that product exclusively throughout the month.

This month is the turn of Lip Balms.



What brand is it?
Pixi by Petra

What is it?
Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry

Where is it from?
Can get it from Pixi Beauty, though I got mine free with a Birchbox

What is it said to do?
'soothes lips immediately & nourishes them long term'

How much was it?
£8 from their website.

Did you use it for the full 30days?
No.

First thoughts?
'wow this smells amazing!'  It is a good lip balm that has a slight tint to it.

Positives...
Nice smell, nice colour, great packaging

Negatives...
I didn't think it kept my lips nourished and it didn't soothe my lips.  It was fine for the first 2 weeks but once I came back to University and the weather changed, it just didn't help my unusually dry and chapped lips...in fact, they actually started to hurt when I put this on.  I had to stop and use another lip balm as this was doing nothing to help my poor lips.  This doesn't mean to say I wont use it in future, I just wont be using it when my lips are dry and cracked.

Will you buy it again?
I might do but in a different colour.

Overview
Great for using when lips aren't dry and cracked and comes in different colours.

Next months #30daystested product will be a hand cream. So look out for that.

Bye for now.

Jess. X
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great review!
    its so interesting testing something out for a full 30 days, as you said it started well then wasn't as great. Sounds like it would be perfect for the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted this to work but like you said, may probably work in the summer months. But that's what thi is about...finding out if products work for you or not. X

      Delete
  2. Great review - and glad you're doing 30 Days Tested too. :)

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yours was good too. Can't wait to see what next month brings every one. Might find a new hand cream from someone else at the end of the month 😀. X

      Delete

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig